Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Organizing: Paperstuff

Having a lovely Snow Day here!  Just a quick post about organizing before I head off and tackle some chores on my to do list...

I've learned to be pretty ruthless with paper stuff while running daycare and home school. I contain all our homeschool supplies and most daycare craft stuff in one cupboard in my kitchen.

Basket on top: Hole punch, extra pens, paper folder....

Top shelf: Novels and books. Most of our reading is from the library, but some friends passed down a few book series' which the kids are hoping to read.

Middle shelf: Pink container with craft supplies for daycare (stickers, glitter etc.)

Lower shelf: Binders (each child has a homeschool binder and I have a daycare one), textbooks, reference materials.

Closed cupboard: Paint & playdough supplies.

This is the complete system with a basket on the kitchen table to hold the IPads, keyboards and some puzzles.

Joyfully paper-free,

Caz.

4 comments:

SherryLee said...

Carol, this looks amazing!
I love that you have meshed daycare, homeschool and crafts all into one great looking bookshelf. Where doyou find the time?

Carol said...

Hey SherryLee,
Systems like this book shelf come into being during holidays from daycare/school. I then work at keeping them running during work time.
My daycare follows the school calendar so I have breaks in the year to accomplish tasks like this:)

Jennifer said...

Just came across your blog and am looking forward to following it. I have 5 children of my own, provide childcare for up to 5 others at a time, and plan to pull my elementary schoolers home for HS soon.

Carol said...

Hey Jennifer,
So nice to meet you! I follow a couple of other homeschool/daycare mums that may interest you too:

http://www.amongstlovelythings.com/2012/01/update-on-love-message-board.html

and

http://borealisbunch.blogspot.com/2012/01/rev-it-baby.html

Carol.