Thursday, August 2, 2012

A life full with grace

Thoughts on cultivating inner calm


I don’t wish for a life of ease and monotony. Well, not most of the time, anyway.

I do wish for a life full of experiences, honesty, challenge, and beauty. But how do I balance this desire for a full life without becoming the frantic, uptight version of myself?

A few years ago I asked two of my friends this exact question. These women embrace a full life with grace. They have demanding jobs, family commitments, volunteer positions, and homes to maintain. Yet, the increasing demands on them are met with joy, humour, efficiency, and a sense of inner calm.

Each of them shared a practical strategy they used to develop this sense of inner harmony. Now, as I consider these ideas, I realize that although their tactics are different, they both nurture self-discipline.

Read more…

No comments: